April 21, 2018

Oh Looky: Cosrx



A sudden popular brand recommended by many beauty enthusiasts spark the curiosity in me to get and try Cosrx.  After finishing them all I can ask is, WHY?

Kindly read Oh Looky before proceeding to read, thanks.

Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
After reading some articles, all I know is that AHA and BHA are acids that can be use as chemical exfoliants to remove dead skin cells, blackheads and whiteheads. blah blah blah it sounds good, reviews are all positive (not sure now) let's give this brand a try.

I have a rocky experience with this toner. For the two weeks of usage I have small bumps all over my face (purging stage, I guess).  It subsided on the third but came back on the fourth week and the cycle just repeats.  Even if I rested from using this for a whole month and introduced it again to my face, the same thing happens.

It's possible that it is reacting to other products that I use but rather than changing the rest of my skincare for this to work, I rather sacrifice my $20 (almost) and ditch this toner.  Also, it didn't help in reducing my blackheads and whiteheads.

Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence
I also experienced a week of purging with this essence.  But after that everything seems good...JUST GOOD.  It says in the packaging that it is an essence enriched with more than 95 percent Galactomyces (me thinking it can be a dupe for SKII).  It moisturizes the skin and supports skin renewal.  It is moisturizing and if I double layer it, the next morning my skin looks a bit dewy which is a good sign.

But the main reason why I got this essence is because of the skin renewal and whitening (brightening) aspect of it but sadly it did not deliver.  My expectation is high because there's just a little price difference with the Laneige White Dew Original Ampoule Essence (my favorite Essence so far, it does lighten my freckles/sun spots).

Overall, I'm not impressed with Cosrx (the packing is aesthetically great though).  I heard the patch is really effective though.

2 comments:

  1. I can think of several reasons why there's hype around the brand. 1 - They claim to be cruelty-free. Many people seem to be looking for cruelty-free alternatives these days and of the few kbeauty brands that are cf, cosrx is one of the cheapest (sa lagay na yun 😱). 2 - their pimple patches. I see them everywhere and 1 set is php 180 (helps with brand visibility). 3 - packaging is beautiful and looks very clinical, like they know what they're doing. 4 - they offer gentle acids. Some people can't tolerate legit acid toners from western brands. 5 - less ingredients

    Sucks that you broke out from bha/aha. I haven't tried that yet but it's veery likely cosrx really caused your breakouts. I think I read on labmuffin that any exfoliating product could cause purging.

    I think I've only tried 5 of their stuff. The one with A-Sol on the label seemed to have broke me out too but not yet 100% sure. I'm not sure about the aloe oil-free cream. It doesn't seem moisturizing enough but I try to imagine that it's soothing my skin from the day's sun exposure. As of now, there are only 2 products I am sure to repurchase, their sunscreen and those pimple patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kaya nga 1k plus is still to much for me and yes definitely the pimple patches, my sister who also don't like the aha/bha toner likes the patches very much.

      the packaging really looks good and one of the main reason why I also tried Cosrx is because the ingredients list is short.

      I like to try the sunscreen before but after trying these two, I guess I'll have to stick with Biore.

      Thanks very much Rae

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)